Ever since I discovered Book Depository last October 2016, I couldn’t help but look for books that I thought would be great to read to Ollie. How I discovered it is actually another story to tell. So.. basically, this post will just be about #BookHaul2016.
So far, I got 5 books and all of them are great stories to read to your child or children..or nieces and nephews..er..everyone!
- Guess How Much I Love You (written by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram) – One of the coolest pocket reads ever because it’s actually a pop-up book. The first time I read this book to Ollie she got really scared of the popping characters but she got over it after sometime so we enjoy reading it more now. Or in her case, she likes playing with it now. Book cost: $5.35
- Olivia (written by Ian Falconer) – Tried reading this hardback Olivia story to Ollie a few times but she’s not into it yet. Book cost: $13.40
- The Little Prince (by Antoine De Saint-Exupery) – I’ve read this book twice thanks to my big brother who introduced me to this book. And I just wanted to have my own paperback copy for future readings and of course, Ollie. Book cost: $3.09
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard (by J.K. Rowling) – Bought this in hardback copy because it’s awesome and on sale and I like the cover. Haven’t started reading it just yet. There was never enough time between getting sick and working. Book cost: $8.58
- The Tiger Who Came to Tea (by Judith Kerr) – I haven’t read this one to Ollie yet but I already read it myself just out of curiosity. I am still not sure what I think about it though. The story is very interesting but I am still deciding as to how to interpret the story or what the author really wants to convey in her story. Book cost: $7.58
So these are all the books that I got so far. I remember I ordered a LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia in hardback version in November but about three days later they returned my money because the book got sold out so quickly after the supplier put it up on sale *insert sad face*. Another book arrived about a week ago but it was for a friend. Now.. I am expecting two more books and I have to remind myself to stop shopping for more books. At least for a month just because I need to work on my savings especially now that we’re trying to start our year right.
If want to know more about Book Depository and find out what varieties of books they have, you can visit their website: www.bookdepository.com.